This week many webrelated startups are travelling to Dublin in order to attend Websummit, one of the largest conferences for Internet startups. Here is an overview of the additional Dutch contributions, bringing the total number of Dutch startups to more than 35 companies.
In our earlier overview of startups presenting at Websummit, we already announced the first 24 startups from The Netherlands. These were all ‘alpha program’ attendees. The following additional companies have also been confirmed:
- Buzzoek NFC based loyalty card platform
- Companymatch: Connecting companies to new employees
- CVIVE Video recruiting to help companies recruit people, not paper
- Cyclodeo A website for cycle experiences
- Framely: private video sharing platform
- Frommees Shareable digital cards that help people connect
- Iris intranet: A new intranet solution
- Protocow: Helps 3D printing companies with giving immediate quotes
- Spotney Affiliate sales experts
- Timebox A fresh angle into to-do lists. Still in private alpha
- Whatser Last week it was announced that Whatser has received new funding, and they are now back working on a solution for retailers.
Two Dutch companies have been invited to the START program for mature companies. This more exclusive program (invitation only) consists of 150 older but still fast growing companies.
- Invoicesharing has been active since 2009 and helps companies with sending and receiving digital invoices
- Webapptool is a development environment for design professionals that want to create mobile websites. Founded in 2011 after an epiphany on Bali, the company is based in Amsterdam since this year.
The organization also announced last minute that they have Elon Musk as confirmed speaker. Elon is the founder of Paypal, Tesla Motors and commercial space travel outfit SpaceX. “Elon Musk is the greatest entrepreneur of his generation. He is disrupting numerous industries simultaneously in a way that few have ever even attempted. To have him speak at the Web Summit is a great honour. I’m delighted that the Taoiseach(Ireland’s prime minister) will also join him on stage to close our largest summit yet,” said Paddy Cosgrave, Web Summit founder and CEO.
StartupJuncture will be present at the conference to interview the 35+ Dutch startups presenting and hear how they bring their startups to international success. If you are also attending and would like to share your insights, let us know.