The annual Websummit in Dublin is one of the leading European startup conferences. This year’s edition is bigger than ever: more than 20.000 people are expected and Dublin’s hotels are completely sold out. 62 Dutch startups have been selected as exhibitioners.
The Websummit is a four day conference taking place in Dublin Ireland. The focus of the conference has always been to bring all the web-based innovators together: big companies such as Google and Facebook, but also all the small startups. In order to accommodate such a large number of visitors, it is a highly parallel conference: Dozens of stages are running in parallel. There are also three programs especially for startups: the Alpha program, the Start program and the Pitch program. Last year, 35 Dutch startups were at Websummit . This year is almost double the amount: 62 startups in total. A great success for the Dutch startup scene in two ways: first of all the recognition of The Netherlands as part of the European startup scene. Secondly because it shows Dutch startups’ willingness to compete at a European level: something that non-tech companies often do not do.
We went through the whole list of startups and summarised their business below, based on their website. It is an interesting bag including several large companies (Snappcar, Invoicesharing, Sendcloud and Mobbr to name a few wellknown startups) and also two drone companies that we have not covered before: Websummit is no longer just a web-focused company but is open for all tech startups.
On the other end of the spectrum are several lightweight companies that provide a feature rather than a full product, such as a music table. We are also proud to see Funk-e on the list, the design company that helped with the startupjuncture logo. Finally there are 14 ‘companies’ that consist, as far as we can see of a good idea and a landing page. Hopefully we can meet these teams during the conference and hear their plans. It is very good that Websummit is willing to give early startups a chance, but at some point these companies have to make clear what their product is in order to get recognition.
Verifiable companies, random order
- http://www.quickup.co is a mood-based social network, available for iphone.
- http://www.meetberry.nl/en Meeting space market place using an auction model
- https://sagent.io Psychological profiling for online retailers
- http://wizenoze.com Child friendly software tools
- https://30mhz.com/index.html#/ Web monitoring software
- http://www.tropler.com platform for booking HVAC/building service engineers
- https://www.grwo.co inspiring students through gamification
- http://www.weareonaboat.com Boat sharing platform
- http://www.yieldr.com Programmatic advertising
- http://www.rewear.io exclusive online fashion community
- http://vigour.io Multiscreen solutions
- http://www.suppleye.nl Free monitoring of contract end dates. Good example of a really simple web based service.
- http://contextmapp.com App for mobile customer experience research
- http://cashorcardpos.com Tablet based cash register solution from the same team as buzzoek: the buzzoek team has added this product this summer and is now for the second year selected for Websummit.
- http://www.twonas.com Artwork management platform
- http://www.eattomeet.com Social dining service, part of Startup Next and recently expanded into conference network tables.
- https://getfastr.co Single sign-on for all e-commerce
- http://www.clypper.com Mobile video marketing platform
- http://heppee.com app for children and divorced parents
- https://mobbr.com/#/ Crowd payment platform. Mobbr provides many to many payments that can for instance be used to reward everyone who participates in a group project fairly. The platform recently announced their latest version and is using crowd funding to fund their own development.
- http://www.nupky.com Technological design firm
- https://www.sendcloud.nl Logistics solution for webshops who participated in Startupbootcamp.
- http://www.koopmedia.nl Art projects
- http://www.keyshapes.co Open design furniture
- http://getsafedrive.com Earn points for not talking while driving
- http://www.bluelist.com Festival list app
- http://www.moreapp.com Online and offline forms
- https://www.sqillzer.nl Online verification of skills of professionals
- http://www.datatrics.com Big data company
- http://apteriks.com Manage your IT from the cloud
- http://www.traveldiariesapp.com Travel diaries
- http://skycap.com Unmanned aerial vehicles
- http://www.invoicesharing.com digital invoicing
- https://projectcamp.us Education platform for student projects
- http://tblox.com ERP / administrative system provider. In existence since 2005 and parent company of invoicesharing.
- http://www.intoparty.com/nl/ Ticketing
- http://www.aerialtronics.com Unmanned aerial vehicles
- http://ambree.net Mobile app for product discovery
- http://www.streamone.nl Video streaming
- http://snappcar.nl Car sharing platform
- http://www.swipeguide.co/#/ Combine images into swipable instruction set
- http://aisler.net Collaboration platform for hardware
- http://www.splendo.com Smart nanotech fitness shirt
- https://www.checkbuster.com Tablet based platform for audits
- http://www.funk-e.com/about-us Big ideas explained with animations (Funk-e also designed the Startupjuncture banner)
- https://www.liquidns.com Managed DNS
- http://www.qlever.com Unified loyalty card solution using QR codes
- http://www.useclark.com Knowledge management and learning: reading and remembering documents will never be the same again
- http://www.liveondemand.com Platform for crowd funding live performances.
- http://www.barqo.nl/nl Boat sharing platform
- AttachingIT Better document sharing for corporates.
Ideas with or without landing page
When we checked these companies yesterday only a short description was available. We have included the links nevertheless, in the hope that by the time you read this article more information is available. During web summit we will try to visit all these companies and find more about their plans.
- http://mysalealert.com service for getting alerts when items go on sale.
- http://www.advancepointsolutions.com Website under construction
- https://clustr.at online platform for offline shops. Signup page only
- http://www.creel.me Virtual currency exchange
- http://bundlin.com/intro Discover and share link collections
- http://nextorange.com Career-oriented social network
- http://www.creative-cowboys.nl Web development. Presenting music pro jam
- http://www.glassshopwall.com Sustainable screen for use in shop windows
- http://www.ulu.io Car information
- http://www.interactiveconcept.nl/mash-machine/ Music mixing machine
- http://novolanguage.com Language learning
- http://wend.to Coming soon
- http://www.aimyapp.com Chasing your dreams
Frontpage photo: Web Summit
Drone photo: Skycap Remote Sensing