This page is a central repository of links to all information you need as a Dutch startup entrepreneur. The first version was created by the team behind StartupJuncture, with help from other people in the startup community. It is intended as a living document, so feel free to send updates and suggestions to sieuwert[@]startupjuncture.com.
- Founded in Holland is a visual overview of most Dutch startups
- Dutchstartupdatabase.com is the most complete database of Dutch startups
- Crunchbase.com is a US-based database that also includes information about Dutch startups
- Angellist also provides information on many startups.
Dutch startup blogs
- StartupJuncture is the largest English language startup blog in The Netherlands. It is dedicated to profiling Dutch startups and the vibrant Dutch startup scene at large, to a global audience. It is an open blog, so you can become a guest author.
- Sprout is a Dutch blog for entrepreneurs that regularly covers startups.
- TheNextWeb is one of the larger technology blogs in the World, with Dutch roots, that should write more about Dutch startups.
- Silicon Canals is a Dutch language blog about startups
International startup blogs
- TechCrunch is a Silicon Vally based blog on tech startups, gadgets and news about tech companies. Check their contact page to see how you can get featured on TechCrunch.
- PandoDaily, great startup blog covering Silicon Valley and beyond
- Venture Village, covering the Berlin startup activity
- Rude Baguette, France’s number one startup blog
- Arctic Startup, everything about the startup ecosystem in Scandinavia
- Several Lean startup celebrities have their own blogs: Steve Blank, Paul Graham, Eric Ries (startup lessons learned) and Guy Kawasaki.
Startup incubators and accelerators
The following list contains organisations that offer housing and more to startups. You typically need to apply to get accepted.
- Rockstart Accelerator
- Utrecht Inc
- Dnamo (Rotterdam incubator for harbour related startups)
- ESA business incubation centre
- Inqubator (Leeuwarden)
- De startersfabriek (Arnhem)
- ECE Startup Campus (Rotterdam)
- YEAH! Incubator (Groningen)
- New Energy Docks (Amsterdam)
- Startlife (Wageningen)
- High Tech Campus (Eindhoven)
- Venture Lab Amsterdam
- Venture Lab Twente
- Enginn (Haarlemmermeer)
- Brainport Eindhoven
- Village Capital
- Services Valley (Venlo)
- Greenhouse Arnhem
- Dutchstartupjobs is, to our knowledge, the only job board exclusively for startup positions.
- On Angellist one can also post and find positions, yet the amount of Dutch startups / jobs is fairly limited.
- Dutchstartupdatabase.com holds the largest database of Dutch startup, investors in startups, startup media and accelerators & incubators of the Netherlands.
- startup.zeef.com: Overview of startup resources, on the expert knowledge platform of Dutch startup ZEEF.
Meetings and events
- Hackers & Founders meetup
- Science meets business Leiden
- Dutch Lean Startup Circle
- Utrecht startup drinks
- Rotterdam startup drinks
- Holland Fintech is a very active meetup group focused on connecting financial technology startups, with regular meetings announced in their meetup group
For a complete overview of one-off events, please check:
The following companies offer flexible office space, for instance for ad hoc meetings:
- Bounce space (Amsterdam)
- Seats2Meets (Many locations, for instance at Utrecht Centraal)
- Spaces (Amsterdam Zuid, Den Haag and center)
- PlugInc in Utrecht
- Het Nieuwe Kantoor (Amsterdam & Rotterdam)
- The Startup Orgy (Amsterdam)
The page Launchdesk has a good overview of available work spaces for startups, including places like Boven De Balie, Rokin and Westergasfabriek.
Funding process and documentation
Capital Waters – free templates for startup deals
Equidam – valuation tool for startups that are setting up crowd funding campaigns
projectionhub – tool to generate cashflow projections. Not very startupspecific but useful if outsiders need cashflow projections
Do you have more useful links? Mail them to sieuwert[@]startupjuncture.com so we can add to this page.