This page is a central repository of links to all information you need as a Dutch startup entrepreneur. The first version was created by the team behind StartupJuncture, with help from other people in the startup community. It is intended as a living document, so feel free to send updates and suggestions to team[@]startupjuncture.com.
And yes, we do have a RSS-feed!
- Founded in Holland is a visual overview of most Dutch startups
- Dutchstartupdatabase.com is the most complete database of Dutch startups
- Crunchbase.com is a US-based database that also includes information about Dutch startups
- Angellist also provides information on many startups.
- Index.co, from the creators of The Next Web, a nice platform where you can track startups, as well as tech and startup news.
- Dealroom is a very detailed startup database.
Dutch startup blogs (worth mentioning)
- StartupJuncture is the largest English language startup blog in The Netherlands. It is dedicated to profiling Dutch startups and the vibrant Dutch startup scene at large, to a global audience. It is an open blog, so you can become a guest author.
- Sprout is a Dutch blog for entrepreneurs that regularly covers startups.
- TheNextWeb is one of the larger technology blogs in the World, with Dutch roots, that should write more about Dutch startups.
- Silicon Canals is an English language blog about startups (with close ties to PR company Proudly Represents).
International startup blogs
- TechCrunch is a Silicon Vally based blog on tech startups, gadgets and news about tech companies. Check their contact page to see how you can get featured on TechCrunch.
- Tech.eu, insightful European tech news.
- Pando.com, great startup blog covering the good, the bad and the ugly of Silicon Valley
- Tech in Asia, one of our favourites when it comes to in-depth intel.
- Venture Village, covering the Berlin startup activity
- Arctic Startup, everything about the startup ecosystem in Scandinavia
- ProCEEd, a nice and handy overview of all the startup activity in Central Eastern Europe.
- Barcinno, blog about business in Barcelona
- Several Lean startup celebrities have their own blogs: Steve Blank, Paul Graham, Eric Ries (startup lessons learned) and Guy Kawasaki.
Startup incubators and accelerators
The following list contains organisations that offer housing and more to startups. You typically need to apply to get accepted.
- Rockstart Accelerator
- Utrecht Inc
- PortXL (accelerator for harbour & maritime startups)
- ESA business incubation centre
- Inqubator (Leeuwarden)
- De startersfabriek (Arnhem)
- ECE Startup Campus (Rotterdam)
- YEAH! Incubator (Groningen)
- New Energy Docks (Amsterdam)
- Startlife (Wageningen)
- High Tech Campus (Eindhoven)
- Venture Lab Amsterdam
- Haarlem Valley (Haarlem)
- Venture Lab Twente
- Enginn (Haarlemmermeer)
- Brainport Eindhoven
- Village Capital
- Services Valley (Venlo)
- Greenhouse Arnhem
- Dutchstartupjobs is, to our knowledge, the only job board exclusively for Dutch startup positions.
- On Angellist one can also post and find positions, yet the amount of Dutch startups / jobs is fairly limited.
- Dutchstartupdatabase.com holds the largest database of Dutch startup, investors in startups, startup media and accelerators & incubators of the Netherlands.
- startup.zeef.com: Overview of startup resources, on the expert knowledge platform of Dutch startup ZEEF.
Meetings and events
- Hackers & Founders meetup
- DutchBasecamp helps you scale internationally
- Science meets business Leiden
- Dutch Lean Startup Circle
- Utrecht startup drinks
- Rotterdam startup drinks
- Holland Fintech is a very active meetup group focused on connecting financial technology startups, with regular meetings announced in their meetup group
For a complete overview of one-off events, please check:
The following companies offer flexible office space, for instance for ad hoc meetings:
- Bounce space (Amsterdam)
- Seats2Meets (Many locations, for instance at Utrecht Centraal)
- Spaces (Amsterdam Zuid, Den Haag and center)
- Garage pre-incubator for impact startups in Utrecht
- Het Nieuwe Kantoor (Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Utrecht)
- The Startup Orgy (Amsterdam)
- WeWork (Amsterdam)
- B. Amsterdam
The page Launchdesk has a good overview of available work spaces for startups, including places like Boven De Balie, Rokin and Westergasfabriek.
Also, Deskbookers will find you plenty of flexible workspaces.
Funding process and documentation
Capital Waters – free templates for startup deals
Equidam – valuation tool for startups that are setting up crowd funding campaigns
Projectionhub – tool to generate cashflow projections. Not very startup specific but useful if outsiders need cashflow projections.