At least 20 Dutch scaleups managed to raise € 10 million or more in 2019. In this overview we list the largest Dutch funding rounds in 2019. The list below shows the largest funding rounds of 2019.
- Picnic, the Dutch delivery supermarket raised € 250 million. Via Silicon Canals.
- Gitlab, the source code and software development platform raised € 239 mln. Via techcrunch. If you want to know more about their succes, see this public strategy page.
- AM-Pharma raises € 116 mln for treating acute kidney injuries.
- Medical startup Pharvaris from Leiden raised € 55 mln. See this press release
- Solar power startup Lumos has received a EUR 65 mln Grant from the government of Nigeria.
- Tiquets has received EUR 54 mln in funding from AirBnB. Via Silicon Canals
- Workplace communication software company Anywhere365 has raised EUR 40 mln in funding in Dec
- WeTransfer, the large file sharing platform, raised € 35 mln of additional growth funding
- The Hague based health tech company Micreos raised EUR 30 mln in funding
- Real estate valuation company Geophy, based in Delft, announced in January that it has raised EUR 30 million in funding.
- Payment Service Provider Mollie, based in Amsterdam, raised EUR 25 mln in funding.
- Amsterdam based e-scooter startup Dott raised € 30 million in July. Via EU-startups.
We used the global startup database Dealroom as the primary source, and cross checked with Crunchbase. As far as we know these are the most complete startup and scaleup databases. Best English websites for startup news are Silicon Canals, EU-startups and Tech.eu. We used Dealroom to create the chart below, showing the total amount of funding for Dutch startups in 2019 compared to previous years. As you can see, funding is clearly up.