Software startup AppMachine from Leeuwarden has been acquired by Endurance International Group, an American NASDAQ-listed company.
Endurance already took 40 percent of the company in 2015 for 15.2 million dollar. The remaining 60 percent of AppMachine was bought for 22.5 million dollar, Endurance announced.
The company was founded in 2011 by Siebrand Dijkstra. It lets everyone build apps, and lets mobile websites behave as native apps. The company has about 200 international clients, and over 30 employees. After the acquisition, the development team will remain in Leeuwarden. Dijkstra will stay at Endurance for at least another four years.
“AppMachine began as a startup focused on the building of native apps, and through our partnership with Endurance, we have the opportunity to broaden our scope beyond apps and mobile,” said Dijkstra.
Since Endurance took a 40 percent stake in AppMachine, the two companies worked close together. The most recent collaboration was the launch of Impress.ly, a solution to automatically generate and manage a mobile optimized website for SMEs, directly on a phone.
“Their team has proven to be incredibly agile and clever, quickly delivering solutions that are fast, flexible and easy to use – which is exactly what every busy small business owner needs. We couldn’t be more thrilled to have AppMachine join the Endurance family”, said Michael Kesselman, EVP Innovation and Strategy at Endurance.