Hanneke Stegweg (iLost): ‘Entrepreneurship is easier for women’
Van der Valk Hotels, Walibi, Soccer Stadium Amsterdam Arena, the Rijksmuseum and event centre Amsterdam RAI are just a few of the clients the startup for lost and found items iLost has garnered over the last few years. In this HitEnter interview the award winning entrepreneur Hanneke Stegweg talks about how she managed to get these clients on board by building credibility first. How she started iLost and why she thinks that female entrepreneurs are too modest.
Stegweg furthermore talks about:
- How the platform iLost works;
- Why she decided to pivot in the early days of the startup in focusing on small customer and why this was critical for the success of the startup;
- Why startup awards help;
- Why you should have a clear goal in mind before you decide to compete for a startup award;
- Why she believes in role models;
- Which items are lost most often.
If you’re interested in female entrepreneurship, how to grow your startup and how to approach competing for a startup award watching this interview is worthwhile your time. You’re going to learn a lot. Enjoy!
Note: this interview was recorded earlier this year.